Kathleen Welton is an award-winning editor and publisher as well as a passionate advocate for animals and wildlife.
During her publishing career of more than 40 years, she has had the opportunity to work with authors and book publishing organizations to help create award-winning and best-selling books–from business and legal to lifestyle and reference.
She has served as Director of Book Publishing for the American Bar Association, Director for H&R Block, VP & Publisher for IDG Books, VP & Publisher for Dearborn Trade, Senior Editor for Dow Jones-Irwin, Editor for Praeger Publishers, and Editor and Sales Representative for D. Van Nostrand.
Her editorial and publishing awards include:
- Benjamin Franklin Award for Editorial Excellence for the non-computer …For Dummies series
- Benjamin Franklin Award Finalist for 100 Essential Modern Poems by Women
- Mom’s Choice Awards® Gold Recipient for Doodle Art Alley Books
- USA Book News Award Finalist for The Little Book of Gratitude Quotes
- Web Marketing Award/Best Association Web Site for the American Bar Association’s Web Store
She is the editor of The Little Book of Gratitude Quotes, The Little Book of Quotes by Women, The Little Book of Success Quotes, and The Little Journal of Gratitude. She is also co-author of Poetry for Beginners and co-editor of 100 Essential Modern Poems by Women.
Kathleen graduated from Stanford University with a BA in both English and Italian Literature. As an undergraduate, she was a member and president of Cap & Gown, the Stanford Women’s Leadership Organization.
She currently consults with authors and organizations on a variety of publishing projects and serves as an advocate for animals and wildlife.
For more information or to contact Kathleen Welton, visit aka books.
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
― Eleanor Roosevelt